Derwent Primary School is a good school (Ofsted 2018) with children at the heart of everything we do.
We are a friendly, inclusive school. We have beautiful, extensive grounds that are set in a semi-rural environment in Henlow.
Southill Lower School is a good school (Ofsted 2021) which nurtures values, grows inspiration and raises aspirations.
We are a small, friendly school. We have an idyllic rural setting in grounds owned by the Whitbread estate in the beautiful village of Southill. Our Ofsted report says that “Classrooms and corridors are filled with Laughter”.
Learning Support Assistant based at Southill Lower School
Required: As soon as possible
Salary: Level 1, point 1 or above depending on experience
Hours: Monday – Friday (8.45am - 12 Noon and 1.00pm - 3.45pm). Term time only plus five training days. Additional lunchtime cover may be required from time to time
Contract: Fixed Term Named Child
Derwent Primary and Southill Lower School are good schools (Ofsted 2018 & 2021). Derwent is a friendly, inclusive school with beautiful, extensive grounds located in a semi-rural environment in Henlow. Southill is a small, friendly school located in an idyllic rural setting in grounds owned by the Whitbread estate in the beautiful village of Southill.
We are looking to appoint a Learning Support Assistant to join our federation. The position will be initially based at our Southill Lower School site to support named children with Special Educational Needs.
The post is full time, term time only, plus five training days.
The successful candidate will:
- Have excellent organisational skills
- Enjoy a varied workload
- Be able to work on their own initiative but also be a committed team player.
- Have high levels of motivation and be able to engage and inspire
- Be able to lead children by example
- Be passionate about working with children
- Have a kind and supportive approach towards children
- Be well organised and motivated
- Have the ability to foster good relationships with parents and carers
- Ensure safeguarding and the welfare of children is a priority
- Have a good level of understanding of special educational needs
- Hold or be willing to train in Paediatric First Aid
We can offer you:
- A workplace that is alive with children laughing and learning
• Excellent support from our dedicated team of staff
• A commitment to on-going professional development
• A school committed to staff well-being
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are conditional and subject to an enhanced DBS check.
For further details and an application pack please visit the school website www. southilllower.org.uk
Closing date: Midnight Sunday 23 January 2022
Interview date: Friday 28 January 2022 (time TBC)
Page updated: January 2022