Derwent Primary School is a good school (Ofsted 2018) with children at the heart of everything we do.
We are a friendly, inclusive school. We have beautiful, extensive grounds that are set in a semi-rural environment in Henlow.
Southill Lower School is a good school (Ofsted 2021) which nurtures values, grows inspiration and raises aspirations.
We are a small, friendly school. We have an idyllic rural setting in grounds owned by the Whitbread estate in the beautiful village of Southill. Our Ofsted report says that “Classrooms and corridors are filled with Laughter”.
Please see below vacancies on behalf of Southill Lower School:
Southill are currently looking for TA’s, please see the link below should this be of any interest:
2 x Teaching Assistants / 1:1s based at Derwent Primary School
Monday-Friday 27.5 hours (5.5 hours per day 8.45am-12pm and 1.15pm– 3.30pm)
Scale Level 2A, points 3-4 (£9.62 to £9.81 per hour)
We are looking for a Teaching Assistant to:-
- Understand the educational needs of children
- Have the ability to contribute to the planning and development of educational activities
- Help and assess and systematically record pupils’ progress and achievements, using the results of this monitoring in further support work
- Be able to lead children by example;
- Be passionate about working with children;
- Be a flexible team player;
- Have a kind and supportive approach towards children;
- Be well organised and motivated;
- Have the ability to foster good relationships with parents and carers;
- Ensure safeguarding and the welfare of children is a priority;
Please note that there is a possibility that the role will include covering midday duties which will be paid under a separate contract.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check.
Closing date is 4pm on Tuesday 12th July 2022
Interview date and time TBC
Start date –1st September 2022
To apply for the position, please download an application form here.
Completed application forms are to be returned to:-
Miss Jenna Faulkner
School Business Manager
Derwent Primary School
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org and Tel: 01462 812047
Page updated: July 2022